Committee on Insurance and Pension of
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Offers a One year Post Qualification Distance Learning Course in
Insurance and Risk Management (DIRM)
for the members of the Institute
- To equip members of the Institute to Insurance and Risk Management professionals, and Insurance consultants.
- To help members leverage opportunities in the rapidly evolving insurance sector, take on multiple roles & responsibilities and assume leadership in this sector.
: The programme comprises of four modules (papers) which are as follows:
Module 1: Principles and Practice of Insurance
Module 2: Technical Aspects of Insurance
Module 3: Risk Management and Reinsurance
Module 4: Business Strategic Planning and Information Technology
THE OVERALL SCHEME
: Candidates must complete the Self-study and Eligibility Tests (Ets). On securing the certificate of ET completion, they become eligible for appearing for the Technical Examination. The candidates who pass the Technical Examination will have to undergo a mandatory Orientation Course, which marks the completion of the programme.
- Prospectus Rs. 150 (or equivalent in foreign currency)
- Course fee Rs. 6,000 (or equivalent in foreign currency)
- Technical Examination fee Rs. 1,000 (or equivalent in foreign currency)
Course fee covers fee for course material, ETs and registration for the Orientation Course. The candidate can pay the fee through a Demand Draft or Pay Order, drawn in favour of ‘The Secretary’, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, payable at New Delhi.
EXAMINATION AND QUALIFICATION
: Examinations are held every six months. Candidates who qualify in the programme will be awarded the qualification Diploma in Insurance and Risk Management. [DIRM (ICAI)]
For complete details of the course refer brochure of the DIRM Course available at
or contact The Secretary,
Committee on Insurance and Pension, ICAI, ICAI Bhawan, IP Marg, New Delhi - 110002
, Ph: 91-11-39893989 Ext.439/491; 30110439